" I’m not a poet "


Sunday, August 12, 2012



“I’m not a poet”

I’m not a poet
I'm just honest with my soul
If you know me
Read between the lines in my eyes
Trace the missing vowels
On the edges of my lips


I’m not a poet
For no ink can dare me
And I have no ink to drip


And when this space bitters me
With midnight dancing doubts
A page seems too little
to fill with rhymes and bounds


I, then, pull up a chair and sit at my veranda
Staring at the distant full moon
And he stares right back
Sending his silver moonbeam
Deep in my brown eyes
He grins and steals my kiss
In midnight's silent breeze


I hum a known  melody
and light a scented candle
I lay in stars'  embrace
with their reflections twinkle shades on my face


Their light caress my shoulders
and then I miss a sigh, whispering:
I am not a poet
I'm just honest with my soul


Copyright © Despoina Theodoridou 2012/”I’m not a poet”/All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. Neither am I, dear - Im not a poet nor a RITEr... yet, when we git Upstairs to write in God's HUGE library, we'll be whatever we wanna be ...mainly Tschaikovsky/Robert Frost's wanna-b HeeHee

    Wanna wiseabove, dear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The luxury Rolex Watches is an investment in the future;?A legacy that can be passed down from generation to generation.Perhaps the owner received their Luxury Breitling Watches?
    through the passage of a family member.?In this case, the Rolex Submariner Watches is valued for sentimental - as well as monetary value.While a Original Omega Watches can be expensive, it is wise to remember that you buy more than just a 1:1 IWC.The unfortunate truth is that whilst it is possible to get discounts on Hermes handbags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermes Handbags Replica Handbags are a package series, as the origin of this package we all must have very clear.?I want a Rolex Daytona
    that is a screw link adjustment style watch not pin slide adjustment. Please contact me once you receive this Breitling Watches ,so I can tell you which?Rolex Watches Online I would prefer.

    ReplyDelete