Despoina - “No windows” Poem





Monday, December 19, 2011


Many thanks to the creator of this image


“No windows”

Poem by: Despoina  


Tonight,


there are


No windows

My soul

stands open, 


bare and vulnerable.


*

I climb up to the roof

to embrace the world.

Poseidon

 stirs

 the restless oceans;

the salty breeze

surrounds me.


*

Majestic horizon

And high above

Dark, ebony, dome

embroidered

with silver, silent, spirits;

Celestial whispers


*

The world lays at my feet

Impatient

ready to be conquered


*

Orion nods

asking me to pay attention

Its vigor bewitches me

while gushing

Ceaseless hope.


*

I close my eyes

Letting my senses

 guide me.

I hear my soul 

 inhaling


*

 No past 

to look at

No reason

to regret


*

Dauntless,

I pace the Lane

ofVenus

For tonight

There are

No windows

And my soul

stands bare and

Bold

In its authentic

 Purity


Copyright ©2011 Despoina   “No windows”  / All Rights Reserved


This poem was posted in Poetry and tagged " No windows " for @dVersepoets Pub #OpenLinkNight~ Week 23

3 comments:

  1. Great pairing of words and image. I love the way you describe the natural world, and the inspiration you take from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool ethereal piece...no windows is a great title and i love the line that includes it..great imagery too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created imagery with your words, the visual - for me - was unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete