Despoina - " I WISH " Poem







Thursday, 8/9/2011

Many thanks to the creator of this image

“I WISH”
Poem by: Despoina  




I’m looking at the mirror that’s hidden in the sleepless
eye of my soul


I see a sparkle that burns and rips my flesh

It speaks a thousand unspoken words

It yells the truth I fear


About the life I love,


the life I dream of,


the life I wish for…


I wish


to run away from my misery


to seek colorful rainbows


to inhale the morning dew

to bask in sunshine


to love in sunsets


to walk in the soaked sand


to whisper to the salty waves

to play with the wind


to dance with the rain

to shout at bright thunders

I wish

to wander in blossomed fields

to smile at happy red roses 

to laugh along with butterflies

to talk to innocent daisies

to taste the fruits of spring

to dream along with stars

to sing to the silver moon.

I wish

to drink the wine of joy,

to taste the ambrosia of life!

I wish to live…

I wish


Poem by: Despoina Theodoridou ©8/9/2011 Despoina   /“I WISH”/
All Rights Reserved.


Read more about me "Nue, the naked truth"

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...I love to see the range and styles of other writers and sometimes you find grande writers/poets. Your poetry creates emotion that I write is still pounding in my head. I am now following...Thank you. Great write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! let us wish together...

    ReplyDelete